Monday, April 03, 2006

Season predictions blah blah

A friend called me last night to chat baseball (him being a Mets fan, it was mostly to trash-talk Glavine vs. Moyer), and he pointed out that I'd be cheating if I tried to post my predictions *after* the first game of the year, so not withstanding that I forgot the White Sox and Indians were playing last night, here you go. I may add my excuses/reasons/hopes for these later.

AL East:
1 Toronto Blue Jays
2 New York Yankees
3 Boston Red Sox
4 Baltimore Orioles
5 Tampa Bay Devil Rays

AL Central:
1 Cleveland Indians
2 Chicago White Sox
3 Minnesota Twins
4 Detroit Tigers
5 Kansas City Royals

AL West:
1 Oakland A's
2 Texas Rangers
3 Anaheim Angels
4 Seattle Mariners

NL East:
1 Philadelphia Phillies
2 Atlanta Braves
3 New York Mets
4 Washington Nationals
5 Florida Marlins

NL Central:
1 Milwaukee Brewers
2 St. Louis Cardinals
3 Pittsburgh Pirates
4 Houston Astros
5 Cincinnati Reds
6 Chicago Cubs

NL West:
1 Los Angeles Dodgers
2 San Diego Padres
3 San Francisco Giants
4 Arizona Diamondbacks
5 Colorado Rockies

Really, I'm just attempting to will the Gods of Baseball into giving me a Toronto-Philly rematch in the World Series.

Central League:
1 Yakult Swallows
2 Chunichi Dragons
3 Hanshin Tigers
4 Hiroshima Carp
5 Yomiuri Giants
6 Yokohama Bay Stars

Pacific League:
1 Fukuoka Softbank Hawks
2 Seibu Lions
3 Chiba Lotte Marines
4 Orix Buffaloes
5 Nippon Ham Fighters
6 Rakuten Golden Eagles

This year, let's see if Rakuten can actually win 40 games!

I'd like nothing better than to see the Fighters finish second, by the way, but I figure if I'm pessimistic about them, then I can only be happily surprised, rather than the other way around.

I'd like to think Furuta can guide the Swallows into winning the Japan Series this year. I'm a big Furuta fan, and it's been a while since there's been a successful player-manager in the big leagues, hasn't it?

No comments: