Friday, April 28, 2006

King Cole

The Mariners didn't play today, so instead I followed the Phillies game, which sort of sucked. On the other hand, there was a major bright light in the Phillies farm system today, as Cole Hamels made his AAA debut, having moved up from Single-A Clearwater to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre earlier this week.

Dig this box score.

7 innings pitched. 3 hits. 0 runs. 0 walks. FOURTEEN STRIKEOUTS.

Perhaps we'll be nicknaming him King Cole soon enough. It's a good thing he's not on the Nationals though, as "Nat King Cole" is a name already in use.

Also, I spent some time tonight finally working on cropping my Pittsburgh trip pictures. They're not quite ready yet (msb, I promise I have a few decent ones of Manny Sanguillen) but in the meantime, here's today's Friday Foto of sorts: PNC Park Field View. This file is huge, still at 2272x1704 pixels, about 1.2 MB, but I'm currently using it as my desktop wallpaper on a 1280x1024 monitor and it looks awesome. It's just a big wide view of PNC Park; I took this one during the bottom of the 9th during the April 19th game, and Jason Isringhausen is pitching to Jason Bay. I may actually bother resizing it to be appropriate wallpaper at some point, if people want.

Also, this is really neat -- if you download Peercast, you can watch Hiroshima Carp and Chunichi Dragons games over the web now, apparently. I'm not entirely sure I understand who's broadcasting it exactly, and it's sort of choppy, but still cool. Peercast Yellow Pages are here and the "stations" are "ALL-IN Carp2006" for the Carp and "D+ Dragons" for the Dragons.

Book Club is only a week away! Have you told all your friends to go read Baseball Between the Numbers and come hang out next Saturday?

No comments: