Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Holy Camels, Batman

King Cole Hamels reigned again last night as the Red Barons beat the Richmond Braves 5-0.

Hamels pitched a complete game 2-hitter. No, really. 9 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 12 K. With his impressive AAA debut last week, his AAA line for both games has one walk and 26 strikeouts in 16 innings (plus five hits for a total 0.375 WHIP).

I see a crazy phan has already registered colehamelsfacts.com, with an amusing tribute to Hamels, somewhat reminiscent of King Missile's song "Jesus Was Way Cool". It's pretty funny. Go read it.

I'm supposed to be going to Philly for Memorial Day weekend. I see that the Scranton team is in town then; I wonder if I can find a way to get out there for a Hamels start. I can just see it now: "No, Dad, I can't go to Uncle Jack's for the family barbecue tomorrow, I have to go a hundred miles away to see some minor league pitcher."

No comments: