Monday, October 01, 2007

SHINJIRARENAI (pt. 3)

Phillies clinch NL East

I had sort of been following the NL pennant race because the Japanese sports shows always show the Phillies now that Iguchi is on the team -- and they highlight the wild card race, along with what's up with Kazuo Matsui and So Taguchi and all -- but I'm still pretty surprised. Dang.

Tug McGraw is probably looking down from heaven saying "You gotta believe... wait, what? They did? Are you kidding me?"

It was pointed out to me that the Mets collapse this year was probably the second-worst in history, second only to the Angels in 1995. Here's the BP article about the other collapses, though I don't have the one to cite where the Mets fit in.

In the meantime, I now have three games to write up (9/17 @ Jingu, 9/24 @ Tokyo Dome, 9/30 @ Chiba), which will become four after I go to Yokohama today. Yikes.

No comments: