Saturday, September 29, 2007

SHINJIRARENAI (pt. 2)

THAT'S TWO YEARS IN A ROW PACIFIC LEAGUE CHAMPION HAM FIGHTERS TO YOU, SIR

Tonight, amidst cold weather and annoying rain in Chiba, the Fighters beat up the Marines to win 9-1 and clinch the Pacific League title, along with the hosting rights for Stage 2 of the playoffs.

I couldn't go to the game tonight, because I had work (and you know, in general I'm going to miss most of the postseason games for the same reason - ugh), but watching the highlights and postgame celebrations on TV, I... I'm happy. I love these guys. I have this great fantasy in my head where the Fighters play against the Giants in the Japan Series and Micheal strikes out OCD for the final out before the Fighters become Japan champions two years running.

Only thing that sucks is, I have a ticket to tomorrow's Fighters-Marines game -- which I had hoped would be the clincher -- and it's Shunsuke Watanabe vs. Masaru Takeda -- AND they're predicting rain all day in Chiba tomorrow. :(

No comments: