Friday, March 03, 2006

World Baseball Commences

Yeah... I'm still in the process of recovering my computer, so no Friday Foto.

On the other hand, the WBC has started. Not that it's any surprise Japan is beating China, but Uehara looks great. 4 strikeouts in 2 innings so far, even. I'm guessing Japan will sweep this the way they swept the Konami Cup, but who knows.

I'm probably going to have to strangle the ESPN2 announcers (I'm watching over mlb.tv) for their pronunciation of the Asian players' names, but otherwise, this is pretty cool. The Tokyo Dome looks about as full as it did when the Nippon Ham Fighters used to play there, though, which is to say, not very.

Really, I'm just happy to get to see these guys play, which is why I'm excited about it. I'm not even sure I'll watch the Pool B, C, or D games this week, because I can see most of those guys playing during the season, but I have no idea what the internet broadcasting situation of the NPB games will be this year. I expect the Hawks and Lions will continue to broadcast home games over Yahoo, but still, that's only a small portion of the games. Hopefully I'll get back over there in August or so.

Ooh, China just changed pitchers to a lefty sidearmer! But I need to go to sleep.

No comments: