Tuesday, March 10, 2009

WBC Game 6, Final: Japan vs. Korea - Pitching Duels make for Anticlimactic Endings

Korea 1, Japan 0

I don't have anything to add to that, really. Sad panda is sad.



I mean, seriously. Iwakuma was untouchable. Then he was touchable. Then he wasn't. Japan never got more than one runner in an inning, and the Korean pitchers didn't walk ANYBODY. There were some nice plays, Johjima had a nice pickoff shot to Nakajima at second at one point and later on Nakajima returned the favor with a cute 6-2-5 double play to get both runners when Korea had guys on at 2nd and 3rd and no out. It could have been a much wider game, but it would have been nice if Japan's offense had been able to do anything to the Korean pitching. Even Shuichi Murata, who I spent an hour making those cheer signs for this afternoon, didn't get anywhere with them.

I sat in the right-field upper deck with Pau and Alfredo and we cheered our lungs out for the entire game, so I don't really have any photos to share. I'll have to put up some from Game 5 when I have time.

No comments: