Friday, December 09, 2005

Friday Foto

Two years ago I was in New England over the holidays, and managed to get to Cooperstown for a few hours to visit the Hall of Fame. Sadly, it was under heavy renovations at the time, but it was still pretty cool, being as my last time there before that was in junior high school (in 1989, the year Carl Yastrzemski got inducted, and I could actually spell his name, and my mom couldn't).

Anyway, this is by no means the best photo from my more recent trip there, but with the stories being told in the USS Mariner thread about Olerud, I'm still in my warm fuzzy "Tribute to Olerud" mood. So here's a picture I took of him from part of the early-90's Blue Jays display. Doesn't he look so *young*?



("Fielding helmet used by John Olerud in 1993, the year he won the American League batting title with a .363 average")

Also, Evan linked to a really neat style parody of Tinker-to-Evers-to-Chance about the 2001 Mariners, Guillen to Boone to Olerud.

No comments: