Friday, August 04, 2006

Notes For The Weekend

I'd have a real update, but I ended up buying the aforementioned Nikon D50 last night from Kits Camera, and ended up spending most of the evening doing stuff like taking a hundred pictures of a Coke can at various settings to see how they compare. I just got the kit with the 18-55mm lens, and I can already tell that I'm definitely going to need a better lens for no-flash stuff. The store didn't have a 70-300 lens yesterday, but they just called me back and they have one in now, so I'll probly pick it up tomorrow.

Anyway.

While a bunch of people have told me they'd like to get to book club on Saturday, not enough have told me that they want to go to the game beforehand (or have said they have tickets already, etc). So I'm not sure exactly what my plan personally is for the game, and may infact depend on how well my camera works today, or whether any last-minute stragglers tell me they want to go. Either way, if you're thinking of showing up to talk books, please do -- Elliott Bay Book Co downstairs cafe, about 30 minutes after the game ends, and we'll talk about Fantasyland and fantasy baseball and other fun stuff. I think Conor Glassey is looking for advice for his keeper league, too.

In case you don't already know, Seafair is happening this weekend, and I-90 will be closing for part of Saturday and Sunday afternoons, apparently from 12:45pm-2:40pm both days, for the Blue Angels performances. Remember, the Mariners games are both at 1:05pm, so BE EARLY or you'll end up stuck on the wrong side of the lake. Traffic will be sort of wonky due to Seafair in general, so leave yourself plenty of time to get to the game, and carpool or ride a bus, if you can.

By the way, I do feel I'm required to give a good Phillies shoutout to Cole Hamels and Chris Coste for last night's game, as Hamels struck out 12, walked two, and gave up one run on two hits in 7 innings. And Chris Coste is now at a scorching .375/.419/.588 for the year after going 4-for-5 with two RBI last night. John Brazer had a fun blog entry about Coste the other day, complete with Coste's opinion of the movie Fargo.

(and in case you're wondering, yes, I am aware of some other things going on with the Phillies, but in respect for certain players, here's a clue: he can't say more either.)

Also, props to Jason Churchill for a perfect Deanna troll. HUNTER BROWN FOR THIRD!

No comments: