Friday, August 25, 2006

Friday Foto

Okay, so these are mostly from batting practice time, but:

Photos: Mariners vs. Yankees, August 24, 2006

I had a really funny moment when I was like, "Who's that guy wearing 49? 49's retired for Ron Guidry!" and then realized... crap, that WAS Ron Guidry.

Getting pictures of Matsui was tough because there were ninety billion Japanese people standing around also pointing cameras, but I think I did a pretty good job.

No George Sherrill stalking picture today, sorry. I wanted to get the hell out of the bullpen before the national anthem, otherwise I'd never be in my seat for the first pitch.

It's really tough to take pictures of the Mariners pitchers through that damn fence, but it's easier to take pictures of opposing pitchers through the Bullpen Tavern wall holes. That's so dumb. It's hard to focus through the fence with a zoom. I'm working on it, but I didn't get that many good shots of Washburn today and it was just too crowded on the other side.

Ron Villone makes the best faces when he doesn't know a camera is pointed at him. So does Mariano Rivera.

I was really sad that Chris Snelling was in left field instead of right, because I couldn't take tons of pictures of him -- but, hey, it made the game better.

I really should cut this photo set down even more, but right now I'd rather sleep.

(and if you enjoyed these, check out my Oakland A's photos from a few weeks back!)

No comments: