Monday, December 11, 2006

Japan Photos, Part 5 - Osaka Dome

I know I should be working on these more -- my gosh, it's been almost a week since I posted the Hiroshima ones, but ah well.

These are from September 9th. That was the day I went to both a Fighters-Buffaloes game at the Osaka Dome and a Tigers-BayStars game at Koshien on the same day, right after each other. It was exhausting and awesome. You can read the blog entry here, and score of the game here. I don't need to say much about the game -- the Fighters absolutely killed the Buffaloes, eventually ending in a score of 10-2, the Fighters getting 20 hits. Darvish got the win, which wasn't saying much since he was up 7-1 after two innings. Fernando Seguignol hit home runs from both sides of the plate. My legs and lungs actually got tired from standing and cheering for so much of the game. It was awesome! I had a great time hanging out with a whole bunch of other crazy Fighters fans.

Photoset with thumbnails and descriptions here:
Buffaloes vs. Fighters at the Kyocera Osaka Dome, September 9, 2006

It's not a very big set, only 32 pictures total, since it was indoors.

Osaka Dome, outside and in:


Oendan leaders setting up, playing trumpets, and a legion of Ogasawara fans:


Buffaloes fans, indoor balloon release, and saving spots for tomorrow's game:


Hichori waving, Shinjo posing, a trumpet player, a Susukino Ichiban jersey, and a Fernando Seguignol fan:


It's kind of painful to look back at all these pictures of Ogasawara fans and remember cheering him so much, but alas, that's my own fault for not getting around to working with these until now.

I also forgot I got a shot of a guy in a Matt Winters jersey. That's just plain cool.

No comments: