Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Cory Lidle, 1972-2006

If you saw the news blip that a small plane crashed into an apartment building in NYC today, you might have found that vaguely disturbing.

If you found out that Cory Lidle was the pilot and is now dead, you're probably even MORE disturbed by it.

I don't really know what to say. I know I joked that I disowned him and Bobby Abreu when they were traded to the Yankees, but I always liked him when he pitched for the Phillies, and thought he was pretty dependable if nothing else.

For lack of words, I'm going to leave you with my favorite Cory Lidle memory. Last year at Christmas time, mlb.com did their Holiday Interviews Around The Majors, which was mostly dorky, but I did a blog entry on it and ranked Lidle's to be the second funniest. Infact, any time I see tamales on a menu it actually reminds me of Lidle. No joke.

Lidle enjoys Christmas in California

At the time, that interview completely cracked me up. Now, thinking how his wife and son are on a flight to LA and are going to land and find out about this, I almost want to cry.

No comments: