Friday, October 06, 2006

Friday Foto: A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Innings

Just a few quick things first:

Next Friday there'll be some sort of USSM get-together at somewhere in Capitol Hill. Man, I should totally deck myself out in Nippon Ham Fighters gear and scare everyone.

Conor typed in his interview with Doug Fister! Yay!

The Pacific League Playoffs start at 1pm Saturday Japan Time, which is 9pm Friday Seattle Time. Wayne Graczyk explains the format of the series. Probable starters: the best pitcher in Japan (Kazumi Saitoh), and the other best pitcher in Japan (Matsuzaka). God, I wish I could watch this game. If anyone finds an internet broadcast of it, let me know. (EDIT: I am listening to a Japanese radio broadcast of it over the internet from here -- click on one of the baseballs. Still, I want to SEE it. Dammit!)

Anyway, it's been a long 2006 season...

Baseball crap
"How I Spent My Summer Vacation"


Yeah, that's what my summer's worth of baseball tickets looks like.

56 games featuring 41 teams in 16 different stadiums in 9 different metropolitan areas in 2 countries.

33 games at Safeco Field, in which the Mariners went 20-13 (.607)

5 NL games, 5 minor league games, 11 NPB games, 31 AL games, 4 interleague games.

Average ticket price: $22.83

8 Mondays, 9 Tuesdays, 5 Wednesdays, 4 Thursdays, 10 Fridays, 12 Saturdays, 7 Sundays. And at that, only 3 Wednesdays and one Thursday were at Safeco, which means that I might be a poster child for "$10 Mondays and $11 Tuesdays".

I only went to 8 of the games on my 16-game plan. I should probably pick my season ticket plan differently next year.

I got 11 ticket signatures this year: Manny Sanguillen, Cole Hamels, Jeremy Affeldt, Jason Schmidt, Kirk Saarloos, Nick Swisher, Barry Zito, Tim Corcoran, Rich Harden, Joe Blanton, and Francisco Cruceta. (There's various other signed stuff in that pile. I think my autograph total for the year is around 30.)

I kept score at 54 out of 56 games. The only ones I skipped were August 6th and the Fighters game on September 9th.

Hello, my name is Deanna and I have a slight baseball addiction...

No comments: