Friday, June 16, 2006

Things that make me want to punch a wall

Just to continue the "Good News/Bad News" meme:

Good news!

The Nippon Ham Fighters are finally broadcasting their home games over the internet.

Bad news!

The broadcast is only for people in Japan. ARRRRGGGHHH.


I need to figure out how to set up a proxy to a Japanese IP address, I think, because the Lotte Marines do the same stupid thing.

Anyway, I don't have any real content today. The Mariners got swept this week in Oakland. The Phillies got swept this week by the Mets. I'm going to tonight and tomorrow's Mariners-Giants games, though, so I'll have some game reports, assuming I manage to stay awake for the games; Saturday morning I'm also doing Race for the Cure.

Which, by the way, means that highway 99 will be blocked off downtown Saturday until around 11am, and there'll be around 20,000 people around the stadium areas that morning for the races. So be forewarned if you were planning to show up early for that game. Traffic and parking may be a little bit chaotic.

I guess it's Friday, and I keep forgetting to work with my Phillies pictures, but if you want a Friday Foto, this is my current desktop background: Citizens Bank Park, taken during the second inning of the May 28th game. It's not as good as the picture of PNC Park I took in April that I was using as a desktop background, but it makes me happy nonetheless.

Also, hey, say hi if you see me at either of the Giants-Mariners games -- I'll be wearing Yomiuri Giants jerseys to both because I'm a big dork. Today I've got my Yoshinobu Takahashi #24 jersey, and tomorrow I'll have my Koji Uehara #19 jersey. In theory, those should be pretty unique :)

No comments: