Thursday, June 29, 2006

On winning, and on book club

Two things of note:

1. The Mariners won the game tonight 10-3, which means their record for the season is now 40 wins and 39 losses. Last time I checked, 40 was more than 39, which means that the team has a winning record. OMGWTFVORP.

2. The July 8th book club meeting may not happen at all. Does anyone actually care? Is there anyone out there who could run the meeting for me? Basically, I can't make it that day due to something I committed to back in April, that won't be over until around 6:30-7pm. Josh says he can't make it, and I haven't talked to Gomez yet. Conor's getting married that day (congrats, Conor!), so it's pretty unlikely he'll be there. If someone else has interest in making sure book club happens that day, please let me know.

However, August 5th is going to be the book Fantasyland, by Sam Walker. And I'm about 100 pages into this book, and it is seriously one of the most entertaining books I've read in my entire life. I'm not exaggerating. I laugh aloud at something on just about every page. If you've ever played fantasy baseball, or even if you haven't, this book will totally crack you up. I promise. I'm even thinking I'll have to go against my general principle of not writing a review for a book club book before the meeting, because I want people to understand how completely enjoyable a book this is. Go freaking read it, and come to the August book club and complain about your fantasy team, or complain about how annoying people are when they talk about their fantasy team. Or else.

No comments: