Friday, June 24, 2005

Bobby "Bowflex" Madritsch

From here (and earlier here):

Madritsch said his shoulder is 90 percent healed and that he hoped a magnetic resonance imaging test in a week and a half would show him at 100 percent.

In the meantime, he's having fun passing his free time with a Bowflex workout machine he purchased after watching a late-night infomercial.

"I was flipping the stations at like 3 in the morning and saw the ad and the guy said, 'Call right now,'" Madritsch said. "I was like, 'Yeah!'"


Haha! I'm sorry, but the image of Bobby Madritsch sitting around watching the home shopping network just cracks me up. It's the sort of thing I'd expect out of Bret Boone, looking for new hair dye or something, not Bobby.

More about Bobby and his Bowflex here:

It's 20 fewer minutes that Madritsch has to fight the boredom that's been part of his inactivity because of the injury. He badly wants to pitch but won't anytime soon, so he comes to the ballpark each day to work out and watch the Mariners play.

"It's like when I was young and I saw a cool car that I really, really wanted but I couldn't afford," Madritsch said. "It's there in front of you, but you can't have it."

No comments: