Friday, October 01, 2010

Chunichi is #1, Lotte is #3

In what was a lot closer of a race than it should have been, Lotte secured 3rd place in the Pacific League by winning tonight. (It was seriously down to them winning tonight put them in the playoffs, and them losing tonight put the Fighters in the playoffs.)

Selfishly, this makes my life a little easier as I have to work on October 9th and I was trying to figure out how I was going to get out of it for the playoffs at Seibu, which are annoyingly scheduled each day at 1pm. (First stage is Oct 9-11.)

And then, since Hanshin lost their game to Hiroshima, Chunichi clinched 1st place in the Central League. Technically, I believe Hanshin could still fall out of the playoffs altogether if they lose the rest of their games, but I'm not expecting it.

On another note, I'm going to Nagoya tomorrow for the Dragons-Swallows game. I am really, really, really hoping they let Masa Yamamoto take the mound.

No comments: