Friday, October 24, 2008

Shortest update ever

(probly delete this entry in a few days when I have a chance to sit down at a place with internet again and replace it)

I went to the Fighters-Lions playoff game Sunday. The Fighters won, amazingly, going way ahead on a Sledge home run and having the pitchers mostly hold down the fort. Tadano had us biting our fingernails and oddly so did Micheal but everything worked out in the end. I cheered my lungs out by the ouendan (also got indirectly yelled at by the ouendan, but I'll talk about that more later) and saw a lot of old and new friends before and after the game, and got to bug Sweeney as usual, it was probly one of the more fun pre-games ever.

I finished my job on Tuesday, so I was able to go to the playoff game on Wednesday. Hideaki Wakui started for the Lions and had a PERFECT GAME going for 6.2 innings; we nearly all cried when Inaba, who was DHing, got a single in the 7th inning. Seriously. The Lions won 9-0 and it was just a slaughter. I had a great time hanging out with people, but it was really sad at the end when the team lost, a lot of my friends were crying. The Lions are going to the Japan Series, which I guess is okay with me because Saitama is easier to get to than Sapporo, and it keeps up Simon's hope of a Lions-Lions-Lions-Lions Asia Series, but I was really kind of hoping to go back to Hokkaido sometime. I guess there's always next year.

I have a set date to go back to the US of November 18th. I'm coming back to Japan on February 3rd.

I'm also going to the Dragons-Giants playoff game tonight (Oct 24), with Pau-the-Tigers-fan-who-will-be-forced-to-cheer-for-the-Dragons. Should be fun.

More later -- gonna try to catch some Tokyo Big 6 games this weekend too, I hope.

EDIT> Fighters news:
Hajime Miki retired, is becoming a ni-gun infield coach

Teppei Komai also retired, is becoming a bullpen catcher

Wow. Komai I understand -- he was gonna be released anyway -- but Miki is two weeks older than me, he's too young to retire dammit :)

And all the foreign players went home but I guess that's to be expected. I wonder who will be back next year :(

No comments: