Friday, November 11, 2005

Friday Foto

I was trying to come up with something interesting to write today, but all I really had to comment on was that Chris Carpenter is cuter than Roger Clemens, but Bartolo Colon is not cuter than Johan Santana.

Anyway, I'm going through some pictures to put together some pages about various baseball trips, and I found this one I took a while back. Do you recognize this outfield wall (without Googling)?



Man, they sure don't make 'em like they used to.


EDIT>
You know, I've got a lot of random pictures I've taken of baseball stuff that might be fun to do a regular Friday Foto thing with during the offseason, come to think of it. I used a lot of my better pictures during the year for game reports, but there were plenty that just sort of never fit in to anything else. Maybe I'll try this for a few weeks.

Also, yes, it's Forbes Field. Currently, the right center outfield wall still stands on the University of Pittsburgh campus, across the bridge from my alma mater. Home plate is actually inside one of the buildings, and there are plaques in the street and sidewalk still showing where the outfield wall was and where Mazeroski hit his series-wining home run in 1960. Where the infield was and the left-center area is taken over by buildings and parking lots, but that bit of the outfield is still grassy and nice. It's sort of fun on a rare sunny Pittsburgh day to just go sit by the outfield wall and try to imagine Roberto Clemente standing there and such.

No comments: