Saturday, September 26, 2015

Day 30: Deanna Dreams of Fighters

Hi all!  I'm finishing this up finally, and doing so from Japan!  I guess that's appropriate given that I started it a few weeks after getting back from my trip here in April.  I would feel bad about taking 120 days to finish instead of 30, except that the crazy Nohmi fan who actually started this whole thing never bothered finishing it herself.  So, there you are.

Day 30 of the 30 Day NPB Challenge says "Your Dream Team".

I think normal people would answer this by putting together the players they like that they think would just totally beat up any opposition they faced.

Me, I have decided to list a team of Fighters players that I've liked over the years and that I think would be fun to watch as a team (or just to hang out in the dugout with).  Assuming, of course, that I'm taking some of these guys at their prime (I clearly don't actually want a 48-year-old Yukio Tanaka playing, for example).

1B Yukio Tanaka
2B Masaya Ozaki
3B Michihiro Ogasawara
SS Makoto Kaneko
OF Hichori Morimoto
OF Tomochika Tsuboi
OF Atsunori Inaba
C Ryota Imanari
DH Fernando Seguignol

SP Hiroshi Kisanuki
RP Shintaro Ejiri
CL Yohei Kagiya

Definitely a few guys like Kazuhito Tadano, Micheal Nakamura, Yoshinori Tateyama, Brian Sweeney, Kazuya Murata, Yohei Kaneko, Masaru Saitoh, Yodai Enoshita, etc over the years that I also wish I could fit into this somehow.  I guess I could technically fill out an entire bench but I feel like there needs to be a limit somewhere.

You could also just say that my dream team is the 2006 Fighters and leave it at that and you wouldn't be too far off, either.

So I guess that's it.  You'll probably next hear from me here around draft time, in 4 weeks or so.  In the meantime, I'll still be posting random things from baseball games on Twitter while I'm in Japan, certainly!

No comments: