Sunday, February 03, 2008

Tatsunamitude - #3 on the 3rd

A bit ago I had noticed that there was this "Mr. Dragons Exhibit" in the Nagoya Central Towers, basically some sort of display dedicated to Kazuyoshi Tatsunami. Since I couldn't really get down to Nagoya on my own to go see it, I bugged my friend Jeff to go check it out. Jeff is one of the best photographers I know, hands-down, and he's also been a big Dragons fan for the last 15 years or so and an even BIGGER Tatsunami fan. Or, in his words, "To me, [Tatsunami] is the closest the Dragons are ever going to get to having their own Cal Ripken."

Anyway, check out Jeff's pictures, this is great stuff. It's kind of depressing how Tatsunami is likely to be one of the very last of these sorts of players -- long distinguished career all on the same team. They're dying out in Japan the same way they died out in America, although now it's more because of guys defecting to the MLB, not because of the typical hot-stoving that scatters careers nowadays.

No comments: