Friday, May 12, 2006

Frivolous Friday

Okay, wait, I'm not asleep yet. Silly things have popped into my head in honor of the Phillies-Reds Hamelfest later today:

Old King Cole

Old King Cole was a merry old soul
And a merry old soul was he;
He threw like a light in the middle of the night
And it passed for a called strike three.
Every pitcher may have a fine fastball,
but a finer change-up has he;
Oh, there's none so rare as can compare
With King Cole and his strikeout spree.

Aurilia
(to the tune of "Cecilia" by Simon & Garfunkel)

Aurilia, you're making a start
You're taking the field for us daily.
Oh Aurilia, we're out in the stands
We're clapping our hands, to run home.

Watchin' ball in the afternoon
There's Aurilia, half of a platoon.
Got the start at second base,
When I look up again, someone's taken his place.

(...yeah, okay, I know, he's on the DL, but *I* thought it was a funny idea)

No comments: